The Daily Health Checklist for parents was updated to reflect new changes made by the BCCDC. Most notably, “runny nose” was removed from the list. Ultimately, it is up to you as the parent to complete the Daily Health Checklist. Please do not send your child to school if they are sick.
Please see below the link to the Daily Health Checklist for students.
Ministry of Education is rolling this out to the whole province and we don’t want you to miss out on your child’s Points of Progress/Report Card.
The very first sign in must be done on a desktop or laptop computer, not a MacBook, iPad, Chromebook or cell phone. Click on the link below.
Username: your e-mail *ALL lowercase
Password: sent to your e-mail *case sensitive
Pages – Top Tab
Published Reports – middle/right of the screen
Report Card PDF
Parents can now do school consents at the following link.
ONLINE CONSENT PORTAL – Phase 1 The parent page – This is where parents login to provide and/or review consents for their children.
• When using the system for the first time, parents must use the front page to request an access number (which acts as their password).
• Parents use the verification number to gain entry. From there, they can provide consent to the six activities. If your student is not listed, please make sure that the email address used is the same email address your students school has on file.
• This is meant to be a one-stop shop for parents to provide consent.
The URL for this page is https://consent.sd62.bc.ca Here are the consents that are available as this time to be collected online:
1. Freshgrade (online tool)
2. GAFE (Student Access to Google Apps for Education)
3. Media Release
4. KEV School Cash Online
5. Short (Walking) Field Trips
6. Internet Access – Available
When do the Consents expire?
• Some consents (namely GAFE, KEV, and FreshGrade) expire once a student leaves the district and/or graduates
• Some consents last one school year
• The system tracks the expiry of these consents. To renew a consent year to year (for Internet access, as an example) a parent simply reconnects to the system next school year. The system will note that the consent has expired and will give parents an opportunity to renew their permission.
How do you sign up for these consents?
Step 1 – Add firstname.lastname@example.org to your email contacts
Step 2 – Parents go to the link https://consent.sd62.bc.ca
Step 3 – Add your email address
Step 4 – Go to junk folder as the verification number may be sent to this folder. Make note of your SD62 email verification number
Step 5 – Add the verification number
Step 6 – Click on the Consents and choose, “I do give consent”.
Registration and in-district School Change Requests open on-line Monday, January 27, 2020.
To Register your child for Spencer Middle please go to: https://registration.sd62.bc.ca/apps/SookeStudents
Parents can request a school change on-line on this direct link: http://changereq.sd62.bc.ca
If your child is currently attending David Cameron, Lakewood, Millstream, Ruth King, Savory, Willway your child will automatically be transferred to Spencer Middle.
2020/21 Hockey Academy – Please send an email or call with any questions:
Wayne Kelly at email@example.com or at 250-480-9976
School Fees are now available to pay online!
We have now loaded fees into our system and you are able to manage your students accounts from the convenience of your home.
Once you have done the student consent at https://consent.sd62.bc.ca and checked off the School Cash Online Consent you will be able to then set up your account.Please allow 24 hours for the consent to be updated into our system before you proceed to setting up your account.
It is important to note that you do not have to pay your fees online, you can still pay by cash or cheque. Doing the consent will allow us to track your students account and we can still process cash/cheque payments to their account.
Thank you for your patience as we implement this new system. Please let us know if you are experiencing any difficulties.
Online Payments can be completed by going to https://sd62.schoolcashonline.com/
Yearbooks will be handed out on Tuesday June 30th in the parking lot from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm.
If you’re still wanting to purchase one, we have about 25 available for $40 each! Please bring cash on Tuesday, or purchase one online at:
If you’re not available to pick them up on Tuesday, we’ll keep them at the school for you to pick up in September.
We apologize for the inconvenience of the arrival date of the yearbooks, but production has been delayed.
Thanks again and wishing everyone a wonderful summer!
Here is how you access Spencer’s Virtual 360 degree Tour:
- Click on this link https://poly.google.com/view/9QqZD9hkdEU
- The Chrome or Safari (iOs) browsers work the best. If you see a black screen, then switch to Chrome.
- In the TOP RIGHT Corner, click on the “cog” icon and ‘Turn Narration On’ so you can hear audio on many slides
- Anytime you see an “I” for Information click on it to hear audio or read more
- If you have Virtual Reality Goggles, you can link those to it as well and really feel like you are at Spencer Middle School